24.12.07

A Christmas Present for You

In celebration of the birth of our Lord (AKA the Christian Church declaring the birth of Jesus on a day that coincided with the pagan festival of midwinter in order to take it over), I am gifting you, my precious readers, a "mixtape" filled with songs that make me very happy and thus will make you happy as well.

free music


The list is as follows:
1. Comfy in Nautica by Panda Bear (my favourite song at the moment).
2. Lover by Devendra Banhart (listen to the lyrics. They're HILARIOUS).
3. Idle Songs by Frog Eyes (possibly the only song by Frog Eyes that's particularly good. Whatever).
4. The Ice Storm by The Go! Team (I can't describe to you how much I love this song).
5. Grounds for Divorce by Wolf Parade (a favourite of mine for some years now).
6. Unsolved Mysteries by Animal Collective (off their amazing new album that I've already talked up lots).
7. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk (duh. Best song ever).
8. Up on Your Leopard, Upon the End of Your Feral Days by Sunset Rubdown (Spencer Krug + Me = babies).
9. Galang by M.I.A. (hahahahaha).
10. Plasticities by Andrew Bird (there's no bad mood this song can't fix).

So, there you are, my loves. I suppose this is not really a real update, but you can expect a few in the coming week and a bit as I will be on vacation from my real job and thus will have lots of time for my fake job.

Happy Christmas!

(I mean that in the most secular way possible)

-Jocelyn

2 comments:

unka t and tiann said...

I thought for sure your list would have included "I Held Her in My Arms" by The Violent Femmes

Jocelyn said...

I haven't listened to The Violent Femmes in about four months, which is a mistake I intend to rectify immediately.